For a lot of people the minute they take a look at a smoothie that’s green is their stop sign to walk away and not even consider trying it. Also, many people still shy away from kale so I understand how far away they might want to get from smoothies with kale. Right, now however, I’d like to try and help you get over that hurdle when it comes to kale and smoothies with kale.
3 Simple Tips for Great Smoothies
Before you start any recipe for smoothies with kale or anything, here are a few simple tips to help you make it easier to make great smoothies.
- Always put your liquid in first. By doing this your blender blades are going to move more freely. Then you can add your veggies and/or fruit.
- Start off slow. If your blender has a variety of different speeds it’s best to start off on the lowest speed to help break up the fruit and veggies then up the speed to high.
- Finally, if you feel you added too much liquid then thicken it up with a few ice cubes.
I’ve done some searching and feel that I’ve found some pretty good recipes for smoothies with kale that actually might change a few minds when it comes to smoothies with kale. This first one is actually a green smoothie that doesn’t even come close to having a “green” taste. It’s also kind of pretty. This is a super power packed smoothie that really doesn’t even taste like it’s healthy, so I highly suggest that you at least give it a shot.
Pineapple, Strawberry & Kale Smoothie
1 ½ cups of fresh strawberries
½ cup of milk
1 tablespoon of honey
1 cup of chopped kale
½ cup of chopped pineapple
1 chopped banana
½ cup of apple juice
- Combine your strawberries, honey, milk, and ½ cup of ice in your blender and blend until smooth. Set this mixture aside.
- Next combine the kale, banana, pineapple, juice and another ½ cup of ice and blend these ingredients until smooth and set this mixture aside.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a glass and then immediately top it off with the kale mixture.
This next smoothie is one of those smoothies with kale that is green but it has a very popular ingredient in it that many people enjoy and that’s peanut butter. This also contains a variety of fruit that helps take the edge off the kale.
Smoothie With Peanut Butter, Fruit & Kale
1 cup of chopped kale
1 cup of low fat milk
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
½ cup of chopped apple
½ cup of frozen mixed fruit
2 teaspoons of honey or Splenda
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
Add the chopped kale and milk to your blender and blend these two until it’s smooth. Add all the rest of your ingredients and blend until nice and frothy and smooth.
Here’s a really simple recipe for smoothies with kale that should please because of course, it’s made in combination with delicious strawberries and who doesn’t love strawberries?